INFO: Tutorial based on Ford Mondeo MK3 1.8 CHBB 2001.
- Remove front grille.
- Undo electrical connector and remove right front headlamp.
- Unscrew (socket 10mm) power steering line bracket to make some working space.
- Unscrew three bolts (8mm) holding thermostat to engine head. Start with bottom bolt.
- Dismantle thermostat, disconnect temperature sensor connector, move self-tightening bands and slide water lines off thermostat.
- Installing in reverse order. DO NOT use sillicone between thermostat and engine head. Tighten bolts to spec.
|thermostat housing bolts (1.8 and 2.0 liter engines)||10|